Ever since I decided to live my life with a focus on the being thankful for all the wonderful things in my lfe, my outlook shifted. David Beahm talks about being grateful all the time and I love him for this. Although I experienced a lot of success in the corporate world, about a decade ago I realized that I was not where I wanted to be. So I decided that I was going to CHANGE it. It was as simple as that. I made some very important decisions that gave me the opportunity to be ME, but most importantly, they allowed me to be thankful.
I know it’s difficult to find things to be grateful for when most things are going wrong. As an eternal optimist, I find that the more you focus on what is good, the easier it is to feel appreciative for what you have.
If you are grateful, the following can happen:
1. You are able to live in the moment. That doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t acknowledge the past; you just don’t reside there.
2. You have the confidence to teach someone else to do the same and you encourage them to live their best life. Grateful people give more of what they want. They are in a constant state of HAPPY that is contagious.
3. When you are grateful you give love in the most natural form. It’s not forced or rehearsed; it just is.
4. Grateful people are often very intuitive. They usually have a great sense of self and are able to discern the good and the bad in others but don’t judge the latter. Instead they teach, guide, and encourage.
5. Grateful people are humble and tend to understand that their life is filled with exactly what they need at that particular moment.
6. Grateful people don’t hold grudges even when it seems irrational not to do so.
7. Grateful people have transparent souls. They are authentic in everything they do. They operate from a place where there is peace and abundance.
So are you GRATEFUL? I challenge you to incorporate these 7 principles in your life. Apply them with discipline and love and your life will never be the same.